Intel Corporation, Folsom, CA, USA (February 2010- Present)
- Project Manager:
- Responsible for designing, landing, enabling and managing of Intel’s business labs and corporate IT infrastructure. Managed groups of technicians for deploying physical layer connectivity. Recommended and helped implement improvements to the infrastructure to enhance end-user experience and business unit productivity.
- Build and manage product roadmap to support Intel’s new Graphics Software products.
- Create preliminary design concepts, and work with engineering to implement and iterate.
- Initiate and prioritize projects within engineering, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods, track product development, and develop product launch plans.
- Develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project cycle.
- Network Engineer:
- Responsible for deployment and operational support for network and telecom, including firewalls, wired and wireless LAN, infrastructure services, and wide area networks. Managed the network capacity and resolved network capacity issues. My designing and deploying of robust, stable, and manageable network services to meet business requirements led to $102K of capital avoidance in the year 2010. Represented Intel in front of various Network Vendors.
- VoIP Network Engineer:
- Responsible for landing, enabling and supporting campus’s VoIP environment including configurations and landing of campus’s first Cisco VG224 devices for analog phone migrations. Deployed campus lab’s VoIP switches to enable future VoIP connectivity. Worked closely with Global telecom teams to identify and resolve VoIP connectivity issues.
Comcast Cable, Denver, CO (September 2009- December 2010)
- Associate Network Engineer Intern (Innovar group):
- Worked in a Network Operations Center (NOC) monitoring Comcast’s network for occurring issues. Handled different markets for Comcast such as Video, Voice (SIP and PSTN network) and high-speed Internet. Worked on various platforms such as CISCO MGX, Cedar point- Safari C3 and openwave SIP network. Also interacted with various teams within and outside of Comcast such as Verizon, AT&T and Qwest.
Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, OR, USA
- Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) (Intern) (January 2009- September 2009)
- Job profile was to enable and support customers for LAN Access Division Silicon products. Also served as the primary technical interface for Intel’s LAN silicon. Assisted customers through the design-in phase, provide hardware/software support, assist with updating flash with the latest BIOS using FPT (Flash Programming Tool) or DediPro and own the resolution of technical issues throughout the product lifecycle. Responsibilities also included understanding customer requests for features/bug fixes, driving those within the organization and working with Product Development Teams to ensure that customers’ needs are being addressed.
- Few customers I have worked with: Asus, HP, Lenovo, Fujitsu, Dell, CISCO, Winbond, Atmel, Checkpoint and Oki.
- Summer Intern in LAN Access Division (LAD). (Summer 2008)
- Worked on the 10GB Ethernet devices at the Physical layer and interacted with customer to receive feedback about the technology. Was also involved in testing of the silicon adaptors using LabView.
University of Colorado, Boulder
- Student Associate for Multimedia Networking:
- I got my first teaching experience from being a Student Associate. My main responsibility was to conduct on-campus classes as our professor was distance faculty. With this position comes great responsibility which I enjoyed a lot.
- Teacher Assistant at Leeds School of Business.
- Working for a B-School as a grader for MBA students was the most exciting opportunity I have ever got. I was a grader for the subject Organizational Management which emphasized on the art of negotiation, working for an organization, and so on.
- Student Assistant for Hindi Language:
- I was the Hindi conversational teacher for the students taking Hindi language classes. Working in a multicultural environment taught me a lot about the globalization and about different cultures.
- Lab Assistant at Assistive Technology Lab, (Disability Service):
- I worked on the Coral Draw software where I converted scanned diagrams to tactile diagrams and converted text into Brail Script for visually impaired students.
- Co-founded a consultancy firm for providing Circuit and PCB designing solutions during my undergraduate years. We provided complete solution from Circuit designing to PCB Manufacturing, Assembling and Testing. Handled the firm’s finance and marketing while also interacting with customers to provide before and after service support.